Salt Lake City Armed / Aggravated Robbery Defense
Have you been charged with armed robbery or aggravated robbery? These serious crimes can change your life. Trust the name that’s been trusted by so many for more than 25 years, criminal defense attorney David Paul White of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Theft Crimes Attorney in Salt Lake City, Utah
Theft is defined as when one person obtains or exercises unauthorized control over any property having value to the owner, i.e. real property, tangible or intangible personal property, labor, services, etc., with the purpose to deprive him or her of that property permanently or for a significant period of time. Theft occurs when the property is not in another person’s possession and is outside the immediate presence of the property holder.
Burglary is entering or unlawfully remaining in a building (e.g. dwelling or business) with the intent to commit theft or another crime specified by law. It is a second degree felony if committed in a dwelling. It is a first degree felony if it is aggravated burglary.
Robbery Crimes Defined
- Robbery is an unlawful and intentional taking or attempt to take personal property in the possession of another from his/her person or immediate presence, against the person’s will by the use of force or fear. There must be intent to permanently or temporarily deprive the person of the property. To state it simply, robbery is defined as a person intentionally or knowingly using force or fear of immediate force against another in the course of committing theft or wrongful appropriation. U.C.A. 76-6-301
- Armed robbery amounts to robbery while using or threatening to use a deadly or dangerous weapon.
- Aggravated robbery amounts to robbery with aggravating circumstances that include, but are not limited to, armed robbery.
- Attempt to commit aggravated robbery charges are often brought based on the actions taken immediately before and after the incident. For example, fleeing the scene of the attempted crime can constitute these charges.
Although in Salt Lake City armed robbery and aggravated robbery are often used interchangeably, the statute only refers to aggravated robbery because it is more comprehensive, it includes the following:
- the use or threat of use of a dangerous weapon
- causing serious bodily injury
- taking or attempting to take an operable motor vehicle in the course of committing robbery
Aggravated robbery is a First-degree felony crime. This is considered one of the most serious crimes a person may be charged with. It is indispensable to engage the services of an experienced Salt Lake City lawyer who can vigorously defend and advocate for your rights.
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer With Decades of Experience
I am attorney David Paul White, a defense lawyer with vast experience representing clients in both state and federal courts. With decades of experience in Salt Lake City, I understand the concerns of clients facing serious criminal charges in Utah, such as armed and aggravated robbery. I will provide a meaningful defense that strives for the best possible outcome in these cases.
If you face armed robbery or aggravated robbery charges in Salt Lake City, call attorney David White office for experienced, knowledgeable representation at 801-266-4114, or contact me online.