Salt Lake City DUI Attorney: If you have been pulled over for a DUI in Utah, there are various legal issues to take into consideration as you work with law enforcement. These are crucial moments in building a defense for you in criminal DUI charges, so make sure to protect your rights from the outset — as soon as you have been pulled over.
David Paul White leads our firm with more than 25 years of experience in criminal DUI matters, and can provide you with key pieces of information on DUI do’s and don’ts in Utah when you have been pulled over. Some token pieces of information include:
- Only cooperate with the officer to the extent that you are required to. Make sure to remain cordial in all discussions, even as you are working to protect your rights. If you become adversarial it could be used against you later on.
- Take the chemical tests that are required or asked of you by law enforcement.
- Retain copies of all documents that you were given (summons or citations). Some of these documents are considered your driver’s license for the 30 days following the date you were pulled over.
- Contact an attorney to get all of the police reports and documentation that the government has about your case.
- Take any tests you are not required to take by law. In Utah, individuals are not required to take a field field sobriety test, but they are required to take chemical tests (blood, breath, urine tests).
- Answer questions that are not pertinent to the situation (where were you driving). Instead, consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
Contact a DUI Attorney Salt Lake City Today
Few criminal defense attorneys have a long track record of looking out for the best interest of each client. Put yourself in the best position to succeed by selecting a lawyer with a proven history of protecting the rights of each and every client resource. Schedule a free initial consultation with our firm by contacting us anytime, day or night, online or by telephone at 801-266-4114.
We,Salt Lake City DUI Attorney offers reasonable fees, a 24-hour answering service, flexible appointments and skillful representation to individuals throughout Utah.