If a law enforcement officer finds you in possession of a controlled substance, significant consequences in the criminal justice system can follow.
Because drug possession charges are so prominent in Salt Lake City and take up such a significant amount of resources in the criminal justice system, many cases get pushed through as quickly as possible, without thorough investigation and detailed criminal defense.
Drug Possession Charges Deserve Attention
At the Law Offices of White & Matern, PLLC our lawyer give every drug possession case the attention it deserves, protecting our clients from the criminal and collateral consequences of a criminal conviction.
These can include:
- Incarceration including jail or prison time
- Higher fines
- Required community service
- Mandatory drug testing or drug treatment programs
- Driver’s license suspension or revocation
- The loss of a job or the loss of employment opportunities due to background checks and a history of criminal charges
- Restrictions of your right to bear arms, even in hunting and sport situations
- The loss of eligibility for government funded programs such as student financial aid
If you have been charged with drug possession, whether the drug was found on your person, in your vehicle or in your home with or without your knowledge, we can help. We handle cases for all controlled substances, prescription or otherwise, including methamphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy, mushrooms, acid, marijuana, crystal, heroin, morphine and more.
For Drug Possession Charges, Contact a Salt Lake City Attorney
Not every criminal defense attorney has the same level of skill and experience to deliver the best results for clients. Do your homework and select a lawyer with an extensive track record of protecting the rights of each client. Schedule a free initial consultation with our firm by contacting us anytime, day or night, online or by telephone at 801-266-4114.
We offer reasonable fees, a 24-hour answering service, flexible appointments and skillful representation to individuals throughout Salt Lake City, Utah.