Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer
Countless people throughout Salt Lake City face criminal charges. Just one arrest can have severe consequences on your future. It can cost a person their job, their ability to purchase a home and even their freedom. At White & Matern, PLLC, our team of legal professionals utilize an aggressive and comprehensive approach to provide legal representation and counsel for those charged with crimes.
For more than 25 years, Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney David Paul White of counsel and Daniel Matern have successfully represented men and women charged with various types of crimes. Whether you are facing criminal charges for the first time or have gone through the legal process before, it is never easy. When your freedom and reputation are at stake, it is important to make good decisions. Many people charged with crimes do not properly know their rights. What you do not know about Utah criminal law can result in severe consequences.
At White & Matern, PLL, we provide experienced, aggressive defense representation to individuals facing criminal charges throughout Utah. Please call 801-266-4114 to schedule a free consultation with a criminal defense attorney.
In addition to Salt Lake City, we represent people throughout the state. Learn more about our St. George criminal defense practice.
- DUI/DWI : Utah has extremely strict DUI laws. A conviction or guilty plea will result in harsh penalties, including the loss of your driver’s license.
- Drug Crimes : Illegal drugs and prescription drugs can result in state and federal charges.
- Drug possession
- Drug possession, manufacturing and distribution
- Prescription drugs crime and fraud
- Violent crimes : A conviction for a violent crime can send you to prison. We have experience with these complex cases.
- Assault and battery/domestic violence
- Domestic violence
- Elderly/handicapped abuse and neglect
- Sex crimes : Registration as a sex offender is just one penalty you will face if convicted. Speak to a lawyer today.
- Crimes against children
- Sex with a minor/child sex abuse
- Enticing a minor over the Internet
- Child pornography
- Statutory rape
- Lewd conduct
- Kidnapping : Child kidnapping and holding a person against his or her will is a serious offense.
- Resisting Arrest: In some cases, resisting arrest charges arise without just cause.
- Disorderly Conduct: This catch-all criminal charge covers anything from excessive noise to creating a harmful environment for the public.
- Gun Charges : Gun and weapons charges will increase the penalties for crimes committed while in possession of a weapon.
- Hunting and poaching violations
- Cruelty to Animals: Whether active or passive acts of cruelty, the charges are serious.
- Theft crimes : From petty theft to robbery, we can defend you against the charges.
- Armed/aggravated robbery
- White collar crimes : These cases can be complex, but you can rely on our experience. We handle state and federal charges.
- Identity theft
- Credit card and check fraud
- Securities fraud
- Probation and Parole Violations : Violating the terms of probation or parole can send you back to jail or prison.
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense You Can Trust
Unfortunately, we live in a society where people are quick to rush judgment. However, it is important to understand that every person facing criminal charges is innocent until proven guilty. As an experienced Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney, Daniel Matern utilizes a wide variety of legal resources to help clients achieve the best possible results. They place a priority to always protect the rights of each client and to look out for their best interests. It starts with a commitment to help clients achieve the best possible result.
Always Placing the Interests Clients First
A criminal charge can be extremely damaging to your reputation. When it comes time to select a Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyer, it is important to choose a lawyer you can trust. When a person is charged with a sex crime, hate crime or violent crime, it can almost feel like the whole world is against them. That is why it is crucial to have a knowledgeable and experienced legal advocate in your corner to fight for your rights.
Utilizing an Aggressive and Comprehensive Approach
From the time you visit for an initial consultation and all the way through trial, Daniel Matern will always be in your corner. When it comes to resolving criminal charges in Salt Lake City, timing is everything. By utilizing an aggressive and comprehensive approach, his goal is to help clients resolve their criminal charges as quickly and effectively as possible.
Contact a Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Choosing the right criminal defense lawyer is crucial. It can often make the difference between resolving criminal charges or spending time behind bars. Do not take chances with your quality of legal representation and counsel. Count on the Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney with a successful track record of more than 25 years of fighting for the rights of each client. To learn more, contact the Law Offices of White & Matern, PLLC and schedule a consultation today.
Selecting the right criminal defense attorney is an important decision. Only a handful of attorneys truly understand what it takes to achieve the best results for their client. A responsible lawyer will not undercut your defense by only delivering the minimum. Schedule a free initial consultation with our firm by contacting us anytime, day or night, online or by telephone at 801-266-4114.
We offer reasonable fees, a 24-hour answering service, flexible appointments and skillful representation to individuals throughout Salt Lake City, Utah.